Outside Sales Representative - Northern Illinois and Wisconsin
About Jade Scientific, Inc.
You will find Jade Scientific is truly different from the rest because we provide you with flexibility, speed, and resourcefulness that is unprecedented in our industry. If you need it, we have it. If we don’t, we will get it, fast. Our goal is to be your number one laboratory supply partner.
We serve the industrial and scientific markets by supplying over 200,000 top-quality laboratory supplies, furniture, and equipment.
Jade Scientific, a National Distributor and Manufacturer of laboratory supplies, equipment, and chemicals, is looking for a talented sales professional to manage current and prospective customers in the Northern Illinois and Wisconsin region for our company.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE ROLE:
- Cold calling, prospecting, and establishing new relationships with customers that use our products.
- Account penetration and revenue growth within existing customer relationships by selling the entire portfolio of products and services.
- A commitment to customer satisfaction through solution selling.
- Partnering with suppliers to differentiate our offering to prospective customers.
- Close business to meet financial goals and objectives within the assigned region.
- Support of a strong team, including Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, and Operations.
SKILLS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Knowledge of laboratory supplies, equipment, and chemical distribution.
- Experience in the life science, environmental, pharmaceutical, and industrial markets.
- A solution-selling approach, winning business based on the total value of service.
- Desire to work with the Jade Scientific Team to bring new suppliers and products to the portfolio keeping up with industry trends.
- Skilled at building relationships with coworkers, customers, and suppliers based on communication, trust, and integrity.
- Quick to identify and qualify new sales opportunities, utilizing a process for building value and differentiation through collaborative relationships.
- Organized and able to develop account plans and strategies for growing sales and profitability.
- Focused on targeting and closing business to meet company financial and business goals for the year.
- Comfortable with creating and giving effective presentations to internal and external groups.
- Proven ability to drive sales and meet forecast objectives in current and prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Life Science preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in sales but will train the right individual with less experience.
- Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
- Time and territory management skills with the ability to work on your own.
- Ability to travel within the assigned Region and for company meetings as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Competitive base salary plus attractive commission plan.
- Monthly car allowance and expense program.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 2 weeks paid vacation in year one.
- Retirement plan.
Jade Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.